View Single Post
Old 2014-04-06, 09:09   Link #6
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kill La Kill. Last Thoughts

As of today, I concluded Kill La Kill bringing to an end my list of titles for the 2013 anime autumn season.

One precise thing that drew me closer to take on this show was a user at the forum posting Ryuko donning Senketsu as his or her avatar, at that moment I want to know about said anime character, and that's why I end up with Kill La Kill. However, I originally intended to watch Strike the Blood instead but circumstances forced to replace the latter show with the former.

In my opinion, Kill La Kill tastes better to the full when one doesn't substract his or her viewing experience trying to analyze it. The nonsensical stuff that happens is integrated to the core of the story, and it's sort of either a metaphorical or literal manifestation of what all the characters are doing and feeling, in my humble opinion.

I'm not going to deny that at some point either Satsuki's long-winded speeches about her resolve or Ryuko's overwhelming whining irked me, and what to say about Mako's utter stupidity that fell flat on me at times. But, I guess once all three of them grew and maxed out to reach a sort of superheroine milestone, then a spectator like me can do nothing but to cheer them on from the sidelines. Conversely, Ragyo and Nui's both obsession and lecturing, particularly towards the end of the series, got me fed up, and my wishes got realized once Ryuko, Satsuki, and the rest of all characters shut them up for good.

Still, I'm left to ponder that at the end even if Ragyo lost the war, nevertheless, she managed to score a moral victory of sorts agains her daughters. According to her words, the rest of the Life Fibers are scattered in other parts of the cosmos, and I cannot buy it now that the Origin Life Fiber that got destroyed was unique. It could very well mean that there's more than one Original Life Fiber, and its bidding its time for a second coming to Earth.
For the time being, I'm letting everyone and those three girls enjoying their date together and put on whatever clothes they wish to wear.

As for Senketsu, well if the writers wanted him to die in a blaze of glorious tragedy, then I would have liked sacrificing himself to destroy Ragyo while sending Ryuko off to Earth at the same time. Still, one can have high hopes if a feature-length film is done for this show that adds new and never-before-seen footage.

To conclude the ride was cooler with all that array of nonsensical characters doing their stuff onscreen and maturing in funny or dramatic ways possible. As for the soundtrack, Hiroyuki Sawano knows how to add punch with his compositions.

Farewell to this thread for the time being, since I'll be returning to do coverage on the OVA episode that's going to get released in a few months.