View Single Post
Old 2019-01-14, 09:24   Link #257
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
While many people, myself included, believe that slavery is inherently evil, to label every slave owner as evil would be wrong. In any society that allows legal slavery, there will always be those who would fight against it, some loudly and proudly, while others would prefer to be a silent detractor.

So my question to all of you would be: If someone, in a land that legally allows slavery, purchases slaves and puts them to work, but not because he sees them as property, but to protect them from the fates of worse slavers and eventually free them, is he evil?
Problem is that it doesn't solve issue, it certainly improve lives of these purchased slaves which is by no means wrong... BUT by doing it you also create demand for more slaves and becoming part of problem itself.

On other note I really love Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, where main character help slave escape, but feel guilty and thing of himself as bad person for "stealing someones property", which showing that treating slaves as property is indeed not necessarily sign of being evil but rather matter of cultural standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Nice try.
The haters absolutely get louder the more popular a series gets. It doesn’t matter if anybody opposes them. Your still going on about this proves it.

But having read the manga, it’s also funny watching you go on about this.
I am reading manga too (tried novel, but it was terrible) and majority critics here on this board are legit.