View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 04:58   Link #59
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
1. I don't find any explanation as to how did they get that strong to be sufficient to suspend disbelief. If it's received through training, they don't have to show the entire training process, just a good portion of it would be enough. If it's a power given to them, they could show their struggles to master their powers.
Fixed.

Well, I did took comments about Accel World at MAL pretty seriously. These really blasted the crap of out me that I can't help but face palm every single time.

It eventually occurred to me that, yeah, shallow anime viewers are shallow. They only watch thin and lanky MCs that fit the Western badass archetype well.

But thing is, 99% of action anime is all about thin and lanky guys. When I watched Accel World, I felt it was nice to have a fat MC for a change. Then things went out of control when I automatically assumed that Haru haters were Kirito fans. Fortunately, I was able to find haters of BOTH characters ("Haru was too wimpy (okay, Judas here knows that), Kirito was so generic") so my head cooled off a great deal after that.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote