View Single Post
Old 2011-12-11, 23:35   Link #212
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Some of the vestiges of royalty that Iskander emphasizes does live on in the US Presidency (much as George Washington himself would likely not be entirely comfortable with).
Not just the presidency, those vestiges can be seen in celebrities too. Why else would god knows how many people love the Kardashians for whatever reason? Or the Kate Middleton wedding, with how celebrated and covered that was in the media and by everyday people, especially in America, surprisingly? Of course, that actually involved royalty, but that just goes to show that even in this day and age, people love figures who appear as grand and larger than life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To end on a lighthearted note, though, I wonder which people here would favor (or vote for, if they are American) between these two Presidential tickets?:

Rider/Velvet 2012 or Saber/Emiya 2012
I dunno. Rider's certainly the most confident, and Saber did fail at protecting her nation (major negative there), but on the other hand, both Saber and Emiya seem like they would bring something unique to the table and would both contribute. Whereas I can't imagine what Waver would be able to do.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote