View Single Post
Old 2009-01-06, 01:11   Link #319
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
YOu can sum it up as "artificially high prices". And the extreme protectionism blocks any possible improvement in that field.
Artificially high because you're subsidizing the cost of the anime production itself. It's not as if it's paid for by advertising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Still, paying that much with no extras whatsoever is not something I'd call "good". Considering that the Blu-Ray version doesn't offer anything extra (for the first series anyway), it's hardly worth its price, no matter what you say. And I do like collector editions. But this is not. It's just a cheap way to rob people (same as the 2008 calendar, which offers no new material, just rehashes).
*shrug* No matter what you say, it's still worth it for me to own a collection of the series on Blu-Ray disc. Having downloads of the HD TV broadcast just doesn't qualify as "owning something", and this show is something I want to own in HD (because, to me, that's the way it was meant to be seen).

Besides, what do you want them to offer? It's the entire show, on Blu-Ray, at a cost similar to the DVDs. The only thing that stings is that they could have told people first that a Blu-Ray was coming soon (and it could be that they did indicate this, I just didn't get the memo -- which isn't surprising).

So, who knows. Some will buy it, others won't. Whether it's worth it or not is up to them.

(And what do you mean about no extras anyway? It's got extras... just not what you want?)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote