View Single Post
Old 2007-03-27, 15:10   Link #79
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not sure what you're trying to say here. Someone can have several traits of a good leader, yet if they are willing to use their subordinates as sacrificial pieces then they cannot be considered an effective leader no matter what accomplishments they may achieve? Didn't you say that one of the key trait of a leader is to be able to use charisma to bring people to your cause? Oro has demonstrated that ability. Didn't you agree that a good leader doesn't necessarily have to be moralistic? You continue to narrow the definition of a good leader.
I think you misunderstanding me, I can’t (as In myself) consider a Good leader someone that uses his Teammates as Sacrificial pieces without given them the value they have (I said something similar in the post you quoted) , which it would be different from a leader than make the Sacrifices necessarily, even himself (something Orocimaru is not going to do), without forgetting about the importance of each individual in the team, Oro have not show to do this as the reason I just consider Oro not to be a good leader, but someone that have good leadership traits and use them to gain what he wants.

Quote:
Also, I've seen a couple posts mention Shikamaru as an example of exemplary leadership. The fact is, the only reason Shikamaru can be said to be a good leader is because we've seen him in action. Before the Sasuke Rescue arc, I could've said that Shikamaru would be a lousy leader because he was lazy, apathetic and unmotivated, all characteristics he demonstrated. But it turned out he's one of, if not the most capable leader seen so far. When all is said and done, it will depend on what kind of leader Kishi wants Sasuke to be. His character flaws aren't any kind of basis to form a conclusion that he won't be a good leader.
And the difference here is precisely that, we have seen Shiakamru Leading, and he has shown he is good leader, we cant say the same for Sasuke, and his flaw is a big flaw when it comes to leading, because his goal is the one that Happens to be the something that can interfere with a rational decision for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
I didnt mean when he was blocked while chating with Naruto by Sai. When Sasuke step in front of him no1 almost didnt saw him in that moment he could cut Narutos head.
Asking Why Sasuke didn’t kill him here, is like asking Why Oro didn’t cut Sandaime throat instead of Preparing a whole ceremony for fighting him. Those are just plot created to help the story get developed, but the fact it is still there, Sasuke did tried to Kill Naruto on that moment, don’t try to deny this fact.

Quote:
If Sasuke didnt kill Oro .. Suigets would whole life be his prisoner, experimental pig, and posibly container .. dont u think it is saving life ?!?
If Suigetsu didn’t feel his life was saved, then I don’t think it is, Suigetsu was talking that he either he or the others would had taken care of Oro eventually, so yeah, you don’t know If Suigetsu life was really saved here or that Seigetsu feel like this either, we only now he was freed from his cell.

Quote:
If rly you r rly older then me then your brain is rly young..
I’m also more mature and hence, I really don’t mind about those bashing to my persona, try that with another poster, because it aint going to work with me, I don’t have 3 days posting in forums.

Quote:
No my friend u dont get it .. if someone save my life i will give my life for him .. it doeasnt metter what his goals r thats my goals now !!!!!
In other words if someone took you out from Prison you will be willing to Kill your own mother for the sake of that person goal then? Think about the weight of your words.

Quote:
Like Haku/Zabuza .. Kimimaro/orochimaro .. And the guy with child on his back ..

Do u get it now ?
Baring the stupid anime filler, Haku/Zabuza and Kimmaru/Orochiamru was plain simple, Both of them took The child under their wing and as they grew they became attached to then, Seigusu is no Kid, he is already a developed person that can depend on himself.