View Single Post
Old 2007-04-07, 05:33   Link #68
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman
That alone wouldnt cause me to gripe, since groups usually get better as a show progresses
Well Ayako/YourMom group are not known for their excellent grammar, since they are a speed sub..... After watching 12 ep of Kyoshiro no sora subbed by ayako they don't improve as it progresses and i'll tell you why, it's because they are a speed sub and accuracy isn't one of their main priorities.. Their priority is to get out the subs as quickly as possible so people can watch them. Frankly I'm quite grateful of Ayako for releasing subs so fast and i usually download their subs, watch it then get better subs when they catch up to Ayako...

No offence to Ayako cause i think they do a great job as i can pretty much understand most of the subtitle and some of the mistakes made aren't that bad and you can basically guess what they are trying to say. I watch their subs cause it's fast for people who don't want to wait too long for quality subs...

When watching speed subs you must jump into it knowing that you won't get the best quality, just the fastest release... That way you won't be dissapointed with preconceived notions of what you expected from subbing groups.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote