View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 01:33   Link #138
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I chose to watch this movie in two parts. I watched the first part last thursday, and today I concluded the movie as a whole.

The battle scenes were the best choreographed and impressive more than shounen standards, however, I have to digress that the animation employed not only was crappy but made injustice to those awesome battles. Because it felt that they switched to low-grade flash animation when the characters have no other choice but to duke it out.

The themes of growing-up, childhood innocence compromised by adults' responsibilities, and family bonds are remarkedly present at all times during the film's running time.

Even if this film is not canon to the manga, I can't stop to think by myself that many years after the end of the manga's story....
Spoiler:

There's a question I have in concern to both Ashley and Julia.
Spoiler:

Anyways, it was a good movie ranking little above than Conqueror of Shambala in my scale.

The other element that I liked about this film was the ending sequence featuring the train with our heroes onbord traveling back home to Central, and I love trains.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote