View Single Post
Old 2016-12-13, 11:22   Link #726
4th Dimension

Translated version of Issue 10 of InnocentS is out, which gives me a nice way of segwaying into my oppinion of this part of the franchise.

Innocent is such a source of mixed feelings for me. On one hand I really like their desperate attempt to mash ALL the characters from all the different continuities into one setting. And I think they are mostly managing to do it fine. So we get to enjoy Jail being at his hammiest while not having to suffer his villain side of strapping young girls to operating tables and doing horrible things to them while he laughs.
Also the fights are suitably flashy.

On the other hand every time they try remind me that it’s all based of some stupid cards, or when they try to talk about the tech, my enjoyment drops like 500% because all the explanation concerning that are 300% stupid and make my head hurt.

They had a good thing going for a while when they did not mention that everything is based of cards, and for a while I could pretend it was all influenced by personalities and willpower, but then they had to mention them again in the previous issue to explain aggressor’s OP abilities. And my enjoyment fell every time they started tech teching the problems.

As for this issue, the beggining was a bit of a chore for the aforementioned reasons, but when we got back to the character stuff, like how they set up Jail’s relation to the Nakajimas it was MUCH more fun. Especially the Quint/Jail relations at the end.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote