View Single Post
Old 2008-07-31, 09:57   Link #1665
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
But wasn't the whole point of losing her memory before geass is that she can begin life a new, that's why she's not immortal anymore and can live life to its fullest now, her old personality looked very much like she was sick of life and couldn't stand being alive even though she didn't display any scorn towards it but was very much fed up and now she has the oppurtunity to start over.
I don't really want to get into too long a debate, it is getting late =.= So I'll just state my thoughts.

I see her memory loss as a cost of losing geass, not her wish to begin again. Her immortality has nothing to do with her unhappiness; it was her geass. She cannot distinguish between those who truly love her for who she is or those who are under control of her geass. Her being fed up with life is due to the long term effect of geass: her inability to recognise love. Now she has found what she is looking for, whether she loses her memory or not -I believe- will both complete her wish. It is not necessary for her to lose her memory to find happiness.