View Single Post
Old 2016-01-09, 16:56   Link #175
Vegard Aune

The idea that you can choose your attitude to something strikes me as impossibly idealistic, too. Sure, just go up to a person suffering from severe depression or PTSD or something and tell them to just think the problem away, because that obviously helps![/sarcasm] And of course, berating someone who is in any way suffering, saying that it is all their fault and that they should just get over it... Pretty sure that is literally never going to help in any situation ever.
I would also like to point out, to those people who think Sayaka is unworthy of sympathy, that her situation was a bit more complex than just "The guy I love doesn't love me back and now my friend is gonna take him from me!" I mean sure, that was a very real part of it, but the whole "Holy shit I am a monster!" thing also helped, and I think it can safely be assumed that the Ultimate Scum of Humanity she encountered on the train were pretty much the last straw. I mean we don't see how that situation ended and there are conflicting reports from the various staff members, but in any case, what is the very next thing we see of her after that? Her on the train station, talking to Kyouko... and turning into a witch like a minute later. After claiming that she no longer gives a damn and has no idea what she was even fighting for.