View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 09:48   Link #22123
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Let's see your opinion after you read the actual WW2 history of what the German, French, Japanese, British, Russian, US, or pretty much every country's army did to their adversary (or even allies) for the prosperity of their nation.
Let us not forget like... all the wars since the beginning of human civilizations, humanity's been around doing senseless rampage for a really long time now. I suppose there are idealistic scenarios for a war, but when you give the power to kill to people and tell them they can use it, they most likely will. Still I really agree with that. Refreshing to see that not everyone has a hero like worship of the west in WW2.

Quote:
Getting back on topic, from what I get Sherry speaks as if there is only one real-killer of this Rokkenjima Accident and the guy did this in cold blood (my definition of cold blood: "oh my, did I just kill the guy? oh hell, let me put another bullet to his brain to make sure." or something similar).
Question is, is there an indisputable proof that this is the case? Does it really have to only have one culprit? Couldn't it be that everyone(not technically everyone, but hell) killed each other due to paranoia (the Italian-Japanese massacre that Kinzo survived from is an example EDIT:and perhaps a good analogy to the truth as well!) and it just happened that Eva(and Battler who escaped) was the last survivor?
It's not a really popular opinion in these boards, but I think ep7's tea party showed us how that worked. From the moment one accidental death occurs, everyone else's death might be ensured. I believe it is the result of confusions and misunderstandings. After all Ryuukishi wrote Higurashi. Should we find a Takano like cold blooded murderer, we'd still learn enough about her to actually sorta understand her. Tho I prefer to avoid the idea that Rokkenjima is the result of a Takano v2.0.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote