View Single Post
Old 2010-02-28, 13:29   Link #5898
Used Can

I don't think that's what he meant by "look at their situation first," but that both of them have their own wishes as well. So, even so, they tend to measure what they want vs what others want. Personally, I'd say Hina is a very nice person but not that altruistic. In many cases, rather than altruism, I'd call it weakness in character, because even if she puts other people before herself, she still remains with doubts and regrets, and sometimes, the reason why she puts others' desires above her own, is because she simply hasn't the inner strength to express her own feelings, and/or she's afraid of hurting others.

It's similar with Nagi. What she did in this arc was definitely great. Seriously, that was one big sacrifice, but that begs the question, had she known who the person Hayate going to save was, what that person means to Hayate, and that Hayate doesn't see her the way she believes he does, would she have done it?

Both girls are great, both of them love Hayate and both of them can do many things for him, but I wouldn't call them altruists myself.