View Single Post
Old 2011-02-14, 16:06   Link #118
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, based on your response in the other thread, you have a spot for idealism. And in a way, Sayaka is just as idealistic; she wants to protect people of the town. However, she's not quite as idealistic as Madoka, and perhaps a bit more realistic. It should have been pretty clear from their confrontation, that Kyoko has no intention of letting familiars be killed until they become witches. And she deliberately went after Sayaka and provoked her, wanting to kill her.

Under such circumstances, there can't really be any talking out unless Kyoko is willing to relent and let Sayaka kill familiars. Considering what Kyoko wants, I don't see that happened, so a fight is inevitable.

Sayaka is a bit hot-headed, letting herself get provoked, but as Madoka even realized, Sayaka isn't wrong. She's doing the right thing, and yet paying the price for it. In a way, though, that reveals true strength of courage and conviction. It's easy to be principled, when you don't have to put those principles to the test. The fact that she's willing to put her life on the line, does speak volumes about her convictions.

I said this before, but it feels like a cynical universe to me, and in those conditions, there is rarely a good right answer. There is only option A and option B, both dirty and non-perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I agree. In fact, I think Madoka's attitude is overall more mature than Sayaka's. Madoka is willing to hear all parties, which means she's willing to compromise. Sayaka, on the other hand, is stuck on her own values and deems anything that might oppose them to be bad.
Do you honestly feel you can compromise with Kyoko? If so, what compromise do you think would work? Remember, Sayaka wants to protect people of the town. Kyoko wants the familiar to feed on humans until it becomes a witch. Where do you see compromise in there?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote