View Single Post
Old 2007-05-23, 16:08   Link #1033
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

UEFA Champions League 2006/2007 Final - AC Milan 2 - 1 Liverpool

Well, what can I say? Congratulations to AC Milan. They deserved their win, though both sides were equally competent, in the end it's the minor details that made the difference. (Not to mention a very incompetent referee. xD )

Surprisingly, I thought I was going to be mightily gutted, but I'm not. If the Reds have lost two years ago maybe I would be depressed as they were in a more desperate position than now (finishing 5th in the league and not knowing whether to qualify for next year's tournament), maybe this time it's because knowing that Liverpool now have a certain future with the two new American owners that this loss can be taken more easily. Another reason is maybe deep down, I pitied the AC Milan players as well two years ago. That makes the two teams even now.

The rival fans can gloat all they like, but they weren't in two Champions League finals in 3 years, that in itself is an "achievement", to give it a positive spin. Though of course winning the thing would have been better. But this time I actually believe there can be a next time, unlike last time.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote