View Single Post
Old 2008-07-30, 19:31   Link #1294
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Continued from Outer Cadia...

Quote:
The thing is, beamspam should be easy to overpower, but hard to control (A's with putting too much pressure on Nanoha's Body and the possibility of Detroying RH).
It's not the mage we're concerned about here, it's the spell itself. A bombardment spell of any sort should not have any kind of limits on the power it can channel, whereas shooting spells and the like may need different control functions once they've been boosted, hence the difference between Divine Buster and Excelion Buster. Alternatively, you may simply see an increase in number of rounds produced, like Nanoha's 4-shot Divine Shooter graduating to 8-to-12-shot Axel Shooter, or Plasma Lancer gaining the 'Turn' command ability.

Quote:
And for flash move? Talk about Zest "Full Drive" Ther :XD
Zest was a failed artificial mage with a failing body, which makes him a completely different bag of chips. Nanoha certainly didn't die from overclocking her spells with the Blaster System, so Zest's inability to use his top-tier spells without consequence is most likely a problem with his body, not everyone else's spells.

Quote:
Shields should be ok though, but i think the main difference in Negima and Nanoha shield is that Negima's strongest shiled are barely A rank, while Nanoha's can withstand much more (Hence Negi using Layered shield, which is really stupid).
On the contrary, if one shield won't block an attack, multiple layers of protection is always your next best bet unless the spell ignores shields entirely. It's like a guy with a bulletproof vest making a bullet travel through a few extra layers of kevlar before it even hits his vest.

Quote:
For "body enhancing", do notforget hat too much magic in a body that's not tightly controlled = Not Good, as shown by the Blaster method.
Every time I try to think of a body-reinforcement spell with too much power, I think of Son Goku or Ranma Saotome killing themselves by boosting themselves with too much ki and I laugh at the idea. Warriors who use reinforcement spells should already know how to compensate for the difference in force application as part of their training as knights/mages, and that's assuming the spell doesn't have built-in control subroutines and failsafes that do it for them. The Belkans spent hundreds of years refining spells like these; I think they would have addressed the problem of an overboosted spell and made it nearly impossible to do unless you really screwed up making the spell in the first place.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.