View Single Post
Old 2008-04-03, 23:38   Link #30
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Surprised by how good these final two episodes were. Lets kick this off shall we?

++
sniper gundam = pwnage
nice action sequences
in AD timeline
interesting theories

Like any gundam series, this provides us with great action and a look at the ideals and morals of fighting and war. This time they decided to completely go with the hypocrisy route and fight for peace. the flawed concept that you can inspire change when you refuse to follow the same standards. Started a virtual arms race which left the world arguably more armed than before. They did unite, however which i guess does mean the CB's goal was archived. Also nice to see non-sadistic people willing to pull the trigger. the role of mentor provided by Lockon was also a nice touch.

--
lack of real antagonist
horrible MS except for dynames and exia
saji (and a few other characters)

The main urking point is the lack of a true enemy. No united evil to fight. Enemies were expendable as arcs and the lack of a true goal expect fight everything and everyone. Even if Aledrondo turned out to be the true "baddie", it happened only in the last few eps. The other urk is the virtue/nadeleeh + every grunt suit except the flag. The union and HRL suits look horrible and i personally hated virtue. Nadeleeh had potential but we only had about 3 eps of screen time for it. Dynames is easily my favorite suit of the series, as i just love snipers, but i still am missing that, "man i wish i had that model" felling that i had from wing. Cant compare exia to the awesomeness of wing zero, and nadeleeh is a far cry from Heavy arms. The freedom proved to be better than anything they popped out. The GN-X look like some eva concept reject. was hoping for bigger and better roles from Saji. (i.e. joining CB) and Louise, while not annoying, was forgettable.

Technical Score:
Plot 8/10
Suits 9/10 (would be 5 without dynames)
Characters: 6/10
Visuals 9/10

Overall (Not an average of the above scores): 8/10. Not bad, but far from the best. Will see if the second season will pull it into the epic catagory.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote