View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 11:14   Link #1001
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Reading Skyfall's explanation for why he enjoyed the episode is breaking my heart. Him and a lot of the manga fans are going to be ticked off by her behavior in a few of the upcoming episodes.
I'm confused. I thought Skyfall was not a manga reader, so how could both he and the manga readers be disappointed. We don't know yet what the anime is going to do in the remaining episodes, so it would seem non-readers could be disappointed, but we can't know the other way around yet. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
For example, they missed the whole part where
Spoiler for tora:

Some of the stuff they skipped over made me say "The fuck is this shit?" out loud when it wasn't there.
This is precisely what I meant when I said I was glad some things were left out. I can understand a personal preference for poignancy over comedy, but again if this show goes too far in that direction, it begins competing with dramo eroge adaptations. It isn't ef (which I do like) and shouldn't be IMHO. My understanding is the story is a romantic comedy, not a dramedy. I just hope that's true because I do not read source before watching anime (too often disappointed, as with live movie adaptations). I also strenuously avoid spoilers, but if this is half a beautiful-sadness tear-fest, then kill me now. I'm in this primarily for the laughs, or at minimum the chuckles.
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote