View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 11:41   Link #770
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Agreed. We can make so many non-gamebreaking Esper powers because they run on modern science (rules that we know of), while the magic powers I can think of almost always run on the Rule of Symbolism (rules that not everyone knows of).

But yeah, I think one reason why Mages look like more bland than Espers is that their powers cannot be explained by the laws of Modern Science, and I'll bet a 100 bucks that the Magic side has more game-breaking abilities than the ones in the Science side we can think of.

So, if you can level entire cities down without breaking a sweat, destroy targets without even knowing where they are, and conjure a ridiculously long flaming sword, you are indeed much more overpowered than the guy who can reflect practically anything except for voodoo magic (as there's nothing to reflect, really).
Um, comparing Fiamma to Accelerator... Right... Whole different class. That's not even a fair fight. I'd put him up against a Saint if he's not awakened, and a big maybe with Ollerus if he is.

Let's not forget the Magic side's history is counted by centuries and the Science side is only decades old. Sorry, but that's a very good investment.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote