View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 01:27   Link #74
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Its true. They're not prophets. However, even the ratings during the finale of the deicide arc weren't good. So if the final episodes to a saga that took years to build up to couldn't even pull in decent ratings (at the very least), then perhaps they could've assumed this canon arc's ratings wouldn't fair much better. To be honest, in hindsight, I'm kind of surprised the anime managed to hold out for as long as it did.
They actually canned airing in a lot of local stations around Japan over a year ago.
It's been only surviving in the key stations in major areas.
The ratings in outskirts were even worse, they couldn't afford to keep going.

It was just matter of time the key stations even gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Wow...I can't believe it ended. But at the same time I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I think the ratings is correlated to the quality of the story. I wonder if Kubo will do anything after Bleach. It was so fresh in the beginning and awesome...then it felt kind of lazy...no offense to anyone, I'm not trying to troll.
I've said this in the past, despite the fact I dislike Bleah and think it's one of the crappiest manga running in WSJ, Kubo as an artist is very talented, and great at writing attractive, interesting characters. He simply utterly lacks even the most fundamental concept of plotting.
I would lump Kubo in the same category as Oh Great, in that they would do SO much better if they got a partner to write for them.
Like the DN/Bakuman duo, he simply needs a good partner, and his next manga could be terrific.

Unfortunately Kubo's ego is the size of Tokyo dome, I doubt that's gonna happen.