View Single Post
Old 2014-02-10, 06:22   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Taiwanese are culturally Chinese to a similar extent that people from Guangdong, Shanghai, and other places that don't naturally speak Mandarin are. I wish that English had a better way of expressing the difference between 中國 and 中華, as I've met many Taiwanese who say they are the latter but not the former.

EDIT: I've heard another legend that goes like this — in the 80s and early 90s, there were serious negotiations going on to set up a system for Taiwan similar to HK, but stuff like the Tiananmen massacre and the strait crisis got in the way and killed the prospect. This is what happens when you have a country run by communists try to deal with non-communist ones.
Culturally, I think Taiwan is like a Chinese Japan. They have adopted quite alot of norms that are similar to that of the Japanese.

Even their lolis are just as cute as their Japanese counterparts.

As for language, they speak Hokkien, or Fujian.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.