View Single Post
Old 2008-06-11, 22:18   Link #46
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Seven episodes in now of the original Macross. I love the battles more than what's in Frontier, as well as the overall situation Macross faces. There's some nice strategic depth, I love the tough choices Global frequently has to make, and the constant gambles with alien and unfamiliar technology (though I don't really understand the need to fly back to the island before using the Fold System). Ideally they'd spam the main cannon, but they keep having to improvise and there's an emphasis on the improvisions generally sucking quite a bit.
They flew back to the island as a feint - to attract the Zentradi attention to the surface, and to fold away to Moon-orbit. This and many other early incidents point to how poorly the humans understand the technologies that they're working with; hence all the improvisations.

Quote:
I can't tell if Minmei is really strong or really crazy.
She's both. She has extremely strong coping mechanisms for just about any situation, but she also has lots of blindspots where she just doesn't look at things the way most people would. In fact, this is explicitly explained as a device to differentiate Minmei from normal girls.

Quote:
And what's up with Misa regressing to a twelve year old mentally just because she so happens to find her old crush's room?
It's not really a case of "regressing". Misa had know for several years that Riber was probably dead. She was finally given a chance to find out the truth of the matter, and the message from the Mars Base gave her the false hope that he might still be alive. Finding out the truth, and confirming that he'd been long dead put Misa into a moment of weakness, and she just had trouble coping at that very moment.