View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 18:23   Link #121
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Huh? We were told he was just like Naruto so there was really nothing surprising here. We knew Hashirama was the Naruto-type who want to make friend with everybody and it was obvious that his brother was however the suspicious type whose distrust paved the way for a future rebellion.
Y'know, you're right, but I was still a little surprised at their personalities. I had imagined Hashirama to be closer in personality to Hiruzen... warm-hearted but still calm and reserved. I didn't expect him to be the complete goofball he was here. Not that I mind it really, it just seemed odd.

And Tobirama. The fact he that he came up with a jutsu like Edo Tensei put his morality into question before. And his suspicion against the Uchiha was already known. Still, I didn't think he was this cold-hearted of a bastard. To be so openly prejudiced against the Uchiha. Not even a little bothered to hear the clan had been massacred. Though he's still a good guy, he's definitely a bit of an a**hole, which he seems to be perfectly aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
For the peace of the nations alliance, someone so singularly powerful could not exist or claim residence within one country. That would just promote fear which would lead to war. Hashirama understood this when he split up the Bijuu.

Th only way I could see Naruto staying in Konoha to become the next Hokage is if he loses the Kyuubi (as it is, I fully expect Sasuke to lose his eyes by the end of the series, or have them simply evolve to the Rinnegan, thus destroying the instability that is the Sharingan).
If there's true peace among the villages--not just the uneasy truce between wars like before--then I think Naruto could become Hokage even with the Kyuubi. Before there was mistrust among the villages and fear of bijuu. But the remaining bijuu have been all but domesticated and the villages are pretty much united already under Naruto. The jinchuuriki are now saviors and known to be altogether benevolent so the fear of them being unpredictable weapons is gone. Frankly, I'll be surprised if the separate village system remains after this.

But, I do imagine Naruto will lose the Kyuubi and Bee the Hachibi. Now that the bijuu have been shown to have human-like feelings and attachments, it seems kind of unfair to have them sealed as prisoners, even if they may genuinely care about their hosts. Wouldn't be surprised if they somehow merge back with the juubi and "purify" it, then leave so that its power can't be used for destruction again.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote