View Single Post
Old 2013-12-26, 20:11   Link #4744
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
Is it the lesser grail or the greater grail that allows servants to stay in the real world? I've always thought that without the lesser grail, servants wouldn't be able to stay in the real world, as was what happened in FZ when Saber destroyed the lesser grail (cup). Someone I'm talking to claims the lesser grail has no part in servants being able to stay in the real world.

If I'm wrong, then what caused Saber's disappearance?
The Great Grail is what causes servants to remain in the world. The lesser Grail only exists to gather and store souls.

And, Saber disappeared because she ran out of prana and because the Great Grail only has enough prana to materialise servants for a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I don't think a Grail is needed to keep a servant in the world. Only a prana source and a master(anchor) is needed.

Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel Endings:

A Servant without a master has to have the Independent Action skill to stay in the world for a certain amount of time.
This is true, however the Great Grail does supply a substantial amount of the prana a servant needs to remain. A normal magus like Shirou cannot sustain a servant without it, even someone like Rin would find it difficult on her own.