View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 06:05   Link #29784
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

That TIP. Gosh. I wasn't expecting the TIP to be like that. Ange is creepy, treating her family like that. But I applaud Virgilia for her interest in ossan.

I'm not sure whether I ought to save a copy of that TIP so I can read it again and laugh, or whether I should pretend I never saw it and expunge it from my memory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Hum... how this would help? Just because he sustained genital injury this wouldn't turn him into a girl...

Plus I've always thought that, if they were to change Yasu's sex, then it would be pointless to also change his/her age.
Changing his/her sex would be... radical enough.
One can never be too careful with Kinzo. Or with Natsuhi. Natsuhi might well have been a much larger threat to bringing Yasu back to the island than Kinzo is. If she realised who Yasu was, there's a reasonable chance she would have gone nutso and tried to kill her again.

No, genital injury wouldn't turn a boy Yasu into a girl, but whoever was in charge of deciding her future might have thought that having sustained such an injury it was best to raise her as a girl, and probably to have her undergo sex reassignment surgery for that. This has happened a number of times to little boys in real life who have had genital injuries. I'm not saying that it's a good idea, but Genji or Nanjo or whoever might have thought at the time that it was the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Still is a medic in a god forsaken island where there aren't even ambulances qualified to such a thing? Something like that should have required specialized surgery at first, vaginoplasty later (and with the lack of a penis the only option would be to use part of the colon, not really a simple operation) and hormone therapy by the time Yasu became pubescent.

I wonder if something like that was ever done in Japan around that time or if Ryuukishi even thought this scenario, but the alternative would be to think that they said a retarded: "you lost your penis: you're a girl".
I'm not sure if Ryukishi even thought out the details to this. Perhaps it's one of the things he's put into the too-hard basket, like the fact rain doesn't factor into the murder mysteries at all. Eh, maybe I'm being too harsh on him: he has been intentionally vague about the sex of the baby Yasu, so there wasn't any opportunity to give details about things like reassignment.

I expect that if Yasu underwent reassignment surgery, it would have been in a proper hospital somewhere away from the island. Otherwise...well, ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
As for a genuine thought, if Rudolf and Kyrie were the villains, or if anyone was a villain, why did they bring their children along? It is generally agreed that these murder theories involve a lot of planning
If it was Rudolf and Kyrie, Battler might have been there as their accomplice! As per Bern's game. I suppose the same could go for Eva and Hideyoshi bringing George, maybe even for Natsuhi and Krauss with Jessica.

The motive for them to commit all the murders would be a bigger problem.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote