View Single Post
Old 2004-05-20, 17:52   Link #6
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
The Japanese edition is ar 13 or 14 volumes, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they released it like that in the US. Bandai, not make money and strangle the fans, since when!?
I doubt it. Japanese anime DVD's tend to have no more than 3 to 4 eps per disc. It may seem like stretching it out in a way, but from what I've heard, they're generally cheaper money wise. American distro's (Who still charge alot of money for anime DVD's) for the most part seem to have gotten it into there heads that when it comes to DVD's, episode count is slightly more important than extras and the like. I was hoping that Bandai would do SEED like the way they did with G Gundam (3 or 4 mini boxed sets containing 3 DVD's each), to speed up the distribution.

As of now, Bandai releases a volume for a particular anime every 2 months. I hope they don't do that with SEED, cuz if they do, it'll take 2 years to finish getting them all. While I'm a bug Gundam fan, oddly enough this'll be the first Gundam series that I'll actually buy. I saw Wing on YTV and recorded it on tape (Canadian offshoot of Cartoon Network), and I have vol 1 and 2 of the original Gundam movies as well as Char's Counterattack, but they don't count to me. I'll also get the Zeta Boxed set and Gundam F-91 as well. Anyone have any idea when F-91 comes out?
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote