Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-08, 02:38   Link #273
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Because if the Protoss were really as all-powerful as they're made out to be, then there wouldn't be a story. If they can incinerate an entire planet, forget the terrans - why are the Zerg a problem? Why do chemicals and claws do anything against armor and shields? It's not made to be that realistic.

And as a Zerg player, I'm glad, because it wouldn't be much fun if zerglings could only knock on structures.
is this really that unrealistic speaking?
Considering the description of Zerg, their metabolism, chitineous shells etc; it isn't that weird their claws can cut throug plated armor. heck, even chemical aren't something you can laugh at. (in fact, i think chemical attacks should at least have a damage over time aspect too. something like Devourer attacks, meh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think this new Zergling upgrade is a replacement for the infested terrans in the first game, who basically did the same. Which probably means, that there won't be any infested terrans (and probvably no queens) in this game.
on the opposite, they can change Infested Terran utility, such like additionnal suiciding ranged attackers, etc. now that would be really dangerous, but i would hardly believe that they will remove Queen, due their very strong and unique special skills.
Quote:
I don't really understand, what problems you had with Zerg air units. I think those Mutalisk were one of the best units in the game (after carriers). They could attack air and ground, and the attack bounced around, harming more than one unit/building.
Sending in 5 or 6 dozen of them and the enemy is gone.
The big problem with mutalisk is the horrible range attack they got, and they are fairly weak (both damage and HP) until you create them en masse. (well, that's just my opinion anyway. of course, micromanagement can do wonder with this fast air unit, but on average skill, they don't really worth it)

fortunately, guardian aren't that bad (well... you can say they are areal siege tanks), but forcing you to create devourer/scourge for them is a bit irking...