View Single Post
Old 2008-05-12, 01:51   Link #45
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
radioIzzy, well again many people have different opinions. There even some who liked it despite reading novels too (though those are rather rare). Personally, I didn't like it because not that it isnt 100% true to novels (I think it is impossible) but because in my opinion second season is very silly with overdose of boob-jokes and poor (or rather rushed) story-line.

Mind you that first season wasn't following novels as well but I was pretty much OK with it as novels did not randomly changed characters personality (like in season II - Saito, Siesta) and though was more lighthearted than novels it still kept the solid enough storyline with some (barely visable) character development. In season II it doesn't happen, combined with a bad ending it really turns out one of the worst season for me personally.

Of course the frustration of knowing how good volume 8 was and that anime completely skipped it through (and no it is impossible to get back to it in season III) doesn't help either, however it is not the only reason I do not like it.

Some people think that this dislikeness comes only from the fact that anime does not follow novels but it is not true - it is mostly because anime is disappointing by itself.

And radioIzzy, ever thought of trying novels? It may look time consuming but it is very enjoyable so you might want to give it shot. Specially considering that it is free (once the licensed volumes will come out the first volumes will be taken out from Baka-tsuki site, so it is another reason why you could save it on your computer if not now then to read it someday in the future).