Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-09, 00:30   Link #453
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuelon View Post
Then what happen to those cherry blossom moments happen in Tokyo?
Do we have to go to the outskirts of Tokyo or Osaka/Kyoto to view the rich pretty BLOSSOMS ><

Where ever there is a sakura tree, and where ever there is some free time (like weekend) and good weather, be sure you'll see someone with a sake bottle underneath it, creating hiaku masterpieces
(In other words, the Japanese rarely let a chance to paty slip by)

Yes it is in tokyo, it's in Tokyo central too (which I'll visit this year) Heading over to Uneo park will be filled (good weather permitting) with families and work people having hanami.
Quote:
There are more than one thousand cherry trees in Ueno Park along the street that leads from the Saigo statue towards the National Museum and around Shinobazu Pond.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'pretty' though, the only difference to head to the hills is that you'll see the pink among a mass of other flowers along the hills, so it's a bit of a natural rainbow.
Quote:
Then again Tokyo where top students and otaku rule in, can't help it if there isn't much green there.
*Just sighs*
Quote:
I just like a quick question where would be the best place for first visit to Japan not exclusive to Tokyo any where like Hokkaido or all the way down to Osaka ANY Where. Would like any festivals or events around that time.

Times: Spring And Winter.
This is a events calander for the March and April month in tokyo and areas surrounding it, some of the hanami festivals are mentioned there if you scroll down.
You can also filter by week, which will give you more details on smaller festivals, or just look at a generic events calander for april.

Official tourist websites offer way more info and tips than us guys here, so make sure to browse around that website and bookmark it if you're planning to visit as well as check out a generic 'Japan guide' website too.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote