View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 23:32   Link #88
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This strikes me as a bit of a strange comment. She's someone he can trust completely, she saved his life, she complements his weaknesses, and they pledged to protect each other through the game and beyond. He'd probably see her as an ideal partner, in addition to the fact that she's obviously beautiful and clearly in love with him. So... I'm not sure if that's "shallow", but seems like a pretty good "reason" for loving someone... though love doesn't necessarily need a reason either. I've never seen it as one-sided, but equal. He's not exactly the most sociable or expressive person, though, so I'm not sure if we can expect him to be as open about it.
Why are people needing "reasons" for love?

They have a 2 year history of sporadic interaction, and both have gone through some big changes to how they handle life. And as he told Agil back in the 'enjoy a nap' episode, he thought she didn't like him cause they always ended up arguing and stuff.

Basically if you'd taken out the fighting parts and replaced them with some other kinds of events to induce interaction, it would be a pretty believable love story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
i hate yui... retarded kid
Assuming she's a player, she would have been trapped in a death game at the age of 8... remember the death game bit... and the fact that she's apparently wandering the wilds without a way to eat / caretakers. I'd say the trauma / regression bit makes sense.

Assuming something else isn't going on.
She said something about being trapped in a dark place, so likely either she died very early on and got resurrected after two years, or she was stuck there from the beginning. Either a bug, or Kayaba didn't want to kill off the kid when she died, or the dead players are all trapped.

Basically it's like putting an 8 year old kid in a sensory deprivation tank for 2 years, and then calling her retarded when she has some issues after getting out.

[mod edit: please avoid the personal attack]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-16 at 00:12.
Rakshasa is offline   Reply With Quote