View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 06:41   Link #292
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
How can Star Trek tech help improve TSFs ?
I would most definitely avoid this with a 10 parsec pole. Not just because as Shebs pointed out that I am very unfamiliar with TSF technology.

Very much more importantly, I am of the camp that feels that the TSFs should remain free of external influence. I was rather annoyed by attempts to 'power' them up with alternate universe technologies. Because to me, these are the analogues of real world fighters. Our fighters have no overtechnology, why should these guys? And there's something special in taking a clearly inferior weapon and making the opponent die for his country, or for general ass-kicking.

So no, there will NOT be any TSFs carrying warp cores, phasers, photon torpedoes and deflector shields. Hell, I'm specifically making sure the Defiant NEVER makes it to Earth, either by metauniversal circumstances, or plot railroading if I have to. Do remember, the Ensign is still a Starfleet officer, and while the Principle of Temporal Non-Interference can be waivered in the face of extinction, the transfer of advanced technologies can not be excused at this point in time.

The closest I would do it, is with a TSF analogue of the Delta Flyer. IE, its the MuvLuv version of the Delta Flyer shuttle that is seen in Voyager. It will have similar specs and features, but turned into a TSF because of the Terran scientist on board helping with the design. Ensign would pilot it himself, and it will take up all of Defiant's shuttle bay. This Delta Flyer will be destroyed in the final battle, and the wounded Defiant would limp through the hyperspace network while everything blows up around her. She will end in a massive warp core breech, a befitting send-off for such a brilliant ship.

You can say the scientist who survives the Ensign's heroics may attempt to build another Delta Flyer, but without replicators it would be impossible.

So please don't ask that question again. I'm already very unpopular in this thread and I would certainly wish to have some reprieve for once because I cannot play through ML just yet so I cannot be up to speed with anyone else as such I CANNOT plan or write an actual fic. I restrict myself to non-canon, or AU romps until then, as it always was my principle outside of herpderp theories.

I repeat again, for those who are blind:

I will not write a true-to-canon fic until I finish the goddamn game so stop fussing about it already!!!