View Single Post
Old 2007-01-05, 06:27   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*cough* aye... another 10 *cough* let's see

1) the very first scene is again, another comedy gold... i was bursting in laughter with the special "horror" effect on Akiko's glory gesture with the jam and nayuki's sudden awakening with the words "special jam"
I couldn't refrain myself saying "Rest In Peace Ayu...", even more dramatic with both nayuki and yuuichi's thoughts, especially with THAT amount of jam (and the creepy sound of it...akiko has one of the absolute torture tool XD)... heck, wasn't there even more than matoko's share in the ep 7 ?

2) nayuki's gift... i must say i was caught offguard with that thing coming from nayuki. kudos for KyoAni for this subtle way to reveal even more yuuichi's memories, confirming definitavely some link he had previously.

3) I dunno if it is because some sakuga irregularity or such, but at the scene of the lunch, Mai's face was kinda... nicer/cuter than usual while talking about sayuri being late, such like a pet waiting for its beloved master. (maybe i am imagining things...)
It was even more surprising that she would accept playing shiritori. It appears that she is becoming even more open to yuuichi <3

4) More points for yuuichi : he DOES realize that nayuki would be worried about him !

5) serious training... again more humour around... RIP yuuchi XD (i'm wondering how he was able to take back his sit for the rest of the day ). interesting note : yuuichi DOES have some confidence as a man XD

6) Sayuri, when she tripped, reminds me of Misuzu when she fell, while buying some juice for Yukito...(same expression, same "whoa ! ", and same clumsy yet cute face)

7) more mai character development ! when mai had shown how she overpowered sayuri, i was like "WTH are you doing oO" just like yuuichi, but the BGM recall me that there is indeed a reason for this. She is plain awkward... (but it gives her even more points <3 first reason why this episode deserved a 10)

8) Sayuri's past... it explains a lot, i can't do anything but agree with what was said earlier : original way to tell a sorrowful past, lots of depths, etc (second reason why this episode deserved a 10)

9) Things are now dead serious... can't deny the fact that i was like "you shouldn't, sayuri !". the sudden silence and black screen were perfect (maybe it should be slightly longer, like 0.5s-1s ?)
Impressive face expressions and seyuu performance for the speechless and despaired moments.

10) mai's breakdown... ok, while the demolition show was a bit exagerrated (high jump, things being slashed just like butter), it shows how far was mai's rage and sorrow. The twist in the usual mai's theme increased a lot in the mood, while the seyuu, again, made a "god-like" (no joking) job here, my hat off to Yukari Tomura. (the whole scene is the third reason for a 10)

Not only it adds so much in mai's character, but also the relationship between the three of them.

Can't wait the next episode for some kick demon asses.