Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Genshiken Nidaime
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-29, 05:38   Link #471
teja208
Critical fanboy

I can see that this is a filler even if I haven't catch up with the latest manga chapter. I was hoping they would elaborate more on what happened at the end of the previous episode, but it just jump right to Hato stop crossdressing and coming to the club. It felt a little out of place.

I guess the underlining theme of this final episode is fear of change. Hato is afraid of the change and how it affects him and his relationship other club members, particularly Madarame. I guess he want to take time off from club activities and crossdressing, because he needs to think things over. I think it's quite similar to how Madarame is quiting his job.

Now to cover some less serious stuff. This episode offers fanservices for both male and female audiences. We also get more foreshadowing what part of the manga the ova will cover a good news. Ogi x Sasa is one of the best arc in the manga till date.

Overall it's a bit weak final episode but I've seen worse final arc/episode fillers. It doesn't add much to over all character development and relationship wise. It's a mild character regression for Hato, but not something big of a deal if you ask me, and based on Goty's comment this this episode seems to do quite a bit of a damage to the manga future plots.

I give this episode a 5/10, but 8/10 for the entire season. It was a fun ride. Unfortunately, new season seems unlikely with how the BD/DVD sales are terrible and the anime is so close to catching up with the manga. Perhaps, I may have to start picking up the manga in the near future.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote