View Single Post
Old 2007-03-14, 18:59   Link #1
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Has anyone ever subbed "Majokko Megu-chan"?

Sometimes I like to dabble in the classics, and I found a really awesome website called www.videx.jp that sells direct downloads of LOTS of anime (mainly older stuff).

Incredibly, it works for non-japan located people and you can pay with a good 'ole credit card, and amazingly enough, it's cheap! They let you download the first episode of almost anything for free, and then it's 105 yen per episode after that (that's about 95 cents). The files are WMV 9 and pretty decent quality especially considering the quality of the show itself isn't that great. (DRM'ed, though... but what did you expect?)

Anyway, I was curious if anyone (VHS or otherwise) had ever translated this show into english. After some cursory research, it seems it had a very successful run on Italian television, but I don't see any evidence of an english version or fansub at all. It's circa 1975 magical girl anime, though, so I guess that's not too surprising.

(I'm interested in the show because it's really the spiritual ancestor of Sugar Sugar Rune...)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote