View Single Post
Old 2011-09-05, 15:30   Link #24190
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Bah. I know we've talked about this before, but doesn't this mean that the writer wrote them after the incident? With 1986 weather forecasting technology, there was at best about 3 days in advance that the writer would know about the typhoon. And only 1 day unless they somehow knew of Ange's last minute absence in advance.

But episode 4 also tells us that "Beatrice" from Maria's diary has the same handwriting as "Ushinomiya Maria". So. Who wrote the bottle-fictions?

Easiest answer: Battler did. Episode 4 1998 was written fiction, and Beatrice's handwriting in Maria's diary was made up by Touya. Why? To make it look like Beatrice was the culprit. And the only person who could reject such a fiction would be Ange herself, who had gone missing.

It's just wild speculation, but... thoughts?
I've been talking about this a lot with Renall and we really have different opinions on that but I'm adamant in thinking that they have been written before.

1) In the first place it was said that the police found the first bottle very soon after the incident.
2) the writing style is the same found in Maria's diary AND the letters whom are sure to have been sent before the incident. Maria isn't supposed to have met Battler in years. Additionally Ange was given the diary directly from the police. No one except Beatrice is supposed to have been in possession of enough money to spare for those bank accounts.
3) It was said that investigations were made as to check if the handwriting was that of Maria and it was confirmed it wasn't. It isn't reasonable to think they didn't check the handwriting of all the rest of the family while they were at it. And more importantly Ange could have recognized her brother's handwriting. This could be explained with Tohya having suffered brain damage therefore becoming a different person, except read point 2.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote