View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 17:52   Link #25
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think it's the studio that makes much of a difference here. AIC Build is just responsible for the animation, and they did a pretty good job on Oreimo and Haganai. I suppose if there's cause for concern, this will be the Director's first full production, though he has worked on a wide variety of shows over the years (everything The Big O to Haganai and KgNE). The lead writer is a pretty decent choice for this genre, having worked on ef, KgNE, and the more dramatic episodes of Shuffle. All in all, I think it's a pretty reasonable crew, and I think it has potential to be a decent romantic drama (with a good side of school life/politics).
Well as far as animation goes, they were alright, though I felt Haganai suffered some quality issues in the later stretch. I was more concerned by the directers/writers they usually hire. The writer is more promising than the director at the very least.

I'm not saying it's going to suck or anything, but in the hands of a more attractive studio I'd be looking forward to it more... We'll see though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote