View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 09:35   Link #5
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The difference is that Ringo's flaws are questioned/challenged by the narrative (specially when Shouma confronts her, but also through the use of symbolism). Kanba's flaws, specially his lack of morals and his inability to care for anyone besides his family, are not. In fact, he's mostly depicted in heroic fashion when he's doing things for his family and he's flaws are never put on the forefront. In fact, the narrative seems to make an effort to make him appear as a better persona then he really is.
I disagree I think the WAY Kanba treats girls is shown to be very negative.

And I also expect that Kanba's feelings for his sister will not be rewarded in the end.

I mean this whole thing with Natsume is probably something Kanba put on himself.

As for the shady stuff Kanba is involved with I am also sure that will come back to bite him too.

I think the next few episode will be Kanba's arc and I believe his careless actions will come back to hurt him. And yes it will be his fault.

But deep down I DO think Kanba is a good guy just like I think Ringo is not a bad person. A character being flawed and being bad are two different things.