View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 10:30   Link #9
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitto-chan
As for me, I don't believe in spirits/ghosts. I'm a logical person, I need fact and proof to back and support ghosts. I have never seen one, there has been no proof of a ghost, merely unexplainable events, that may have been fabricated for attention such as the Lockness Monster, or bigfoot.
Not believing in something is easy - you can't prove a negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitto-chan
There are unexpalinable event that we just don't have the tools or knowledge to comprehend as we currently are. There are no such things as paranormal, merely things we have no answers for. In the past when people didn't understand something they called it sorcery, we just call it supernatural.
That's part of the problem isn't it? What are we really looking for? When hairs rise at the back of your neck, when you sense another presence in the room, when the temperature drops suddenly for no apparent reason - what are we sensing? Or are these sensory experiences no more than mere figments of our overactive imaginations?

I find it funny how people immediately brush off all claims of the paranormal by appealing to scientific reason, when in fact, very few scientists have ever performed serious experiments to test the conditions under which people claim to see ghosts or poltergeist activity.

I find it even more amusing when people who claim not to believe in ghosts suddenly turn demure when asked to spend a night alone in a "haunted" house.

As for me, the closest I've ever come to "seeing ghosts" was when I suddenly felt a very strong presence in my room late one night. Strong enough to rouse me from sleep. Something was watching me, but I sensed no fear because it felt like someone very familiar. I groggily wished it "goodnight" and went back to bed. The presence lingered for a while longer before it eventually evaporated away.

Probably a lucid dream? Perhaps. I'd like to think though, that it was my late father, because it felt very much like him. I know, because it was the same experience I got whenever he checked on me, the first thing he always used to do when he came home from work.

(Once you've seen death at first hand, the way you see the living is forever changed.)

So, my position on ghosts and paranormal activity is similar to my position on anything divine - I don't know. And I will never volunteer to prove they don't. As far as ghosts are concerned, I'm happy to stay in the dark.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote