View Single Post
Old 2009-05-17, 19:54   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Your brother's probably 15 I'd guess?

In reality, its highly doubtful that you can do anything to stop his addiction. Alone anyways.

Your parents are obviously spoiling him, and aren't being a help, which of course severely lowers your chances of doing anything productive. In reality you don't need to confront him, but confront your parents, you have to make them realize that it's a problem. There's no point to confront him if he just has to go to your parents.

If nothing works out, I agree with Vexx's suggestion, you need some third party help. Don't feel that you have to be your brother's savior. That's your parent's responsibility, and you ought to make them realize that.

But for now just screw his game / internet to control him for now. If he confront you w/ parents that's probably the easiest way to get everyone together. Whether or not it'll become a flame war is really dependent on your parents.

EDIT: Also Saintless you're a crazy crazy person.
Well my friend helped me out by dragging me out to the shopping malls and game arcades. Although the alternative was nowhere productive (We went voyeuring for girls, and I brought home none), it was certainly a way to break that addiction and go out for some air and eye candy.

You need to find something that is just as fun as CS. Other than drugs and casual sex of course. First thing is to get him out of the house. Slowly ease him out, taking everything away from him at once is more dangerous.

And besides, quit pointing fingers at the parents. They may have some blame, but it is wrong for them to take all. Given the financial crisis now it is not a wonder that some of them are having their hands tied by their work and money earning.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote