Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 14:45   Link #2653
Used Can

I don't think Shizu needs a power-up and I don't think we'll see such a thing. To begin with, the gap between Achiga, Shindouji and Senriyama isn't even big. We should also consider that Awai hasn't even been paying attention to Shizu so far, and right now she's about to start doing her thing. So, my guess is she will be aiming for both Ryuuka and Himeko. So, keeping a low profile would be all Shizu needs to do to end up on second place or maybe even first, considering Awai has let Ryuuka and Himeko to send her to last place.

If that isn't enough, my guess is it will all come down to Akado giving hints to Shizu about her opponents, how the match might follow and what she will have to do. I do find this to be completely silly, considering mahjong is one of the hardest games to predict, even considering the way the players go into it. But well, Achiga has pretty much been running con plot conveniences; so, this is nothing new.

I've got to admit, though, I'm highly disappointed on Shiraitodai. Other than Teru and maybe Awai, neither of them proved themselves to be the great players they were once hyped to be. I got a similar feeling from Eisui who didn't live up to the hype, but Shiraitodai had been hyped from even before and much more. They were supposed to be like the BIG opponent. Even Ryuumonbuchi gave me a much more ominous feeling when they were the opponents. And with how Kiyosumi is playing now, plus the fucked up stuff Saki keeps on pulling... I've got to say I'm more worried about Achiga because of their plot conveniences, than on Shiraitodai being good.