Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 05:52   Link #1170
Seiryuu

The way I see it, Chieri holds some deep feelings of inadequacy. Partly this is because she was never able to summon the light after that concert, but she also feels how distant she is from everyone else. She knows that she's the "bad guy" of the group, but she desperately wants to stand on stage with all of them, so she tries her best to force them past their obstacles. She seriously stinks at it though, so the things she says to others come out as mere putdowns, and only Nagisa gets to hear how much she cares. I imagine she wasn't exactly cherished at home, and more often was faced with harsh corrections of her faults than praise of her strengths; if she grew up with a parent's "love" and "support" manifesting like that, it's no surprise she's bad at this. And it's also not too surprising that Nagisa, with her high-ranking, strict father, is the one who understands best. Shielding Orine at the handshake was a good step to showing she's got a heart though.

Her reaction to the machines also seems to suggest that she's got more than a bit in common with Nagisa. Especially since she knew the machines' wiring well enough to know exactly where to stab to shut it down... I get the feeling Chieri doesn't expect anyone to come and "fetch" her after she decided on this path. If her father sends people, they won't be there to bring her back.

I must say I absolutely loved the Ota. Apparently in the future, being an otaku is a symbol of pride and rebellion.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote