View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 20:32   Link #475
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Comartemis, I want to state here that TK was flat out refusing to let you keep your haxxed linker core drain and spell copy. I on the other hand was willing to let you keep it...

...just with enough heavy restrictions as to make it practically uselesss.

Sort of like how the Royal Navy dealt with a guy who was a Satanist; they slapped so many restrictions on him and essentially kept him from practicising his rituals and shit aboard ship, effectively turning him into an Atheist.

If you want to steal the spells, the most I'll go is that your charecter can steal the spells, but he can't use them. Why?

1st) He's a cyborg, and as I recall you mentioned he's a pure cyborg. Combat Cyborgs are limited to IS-only, as opposed to Type-0s which can use IS and Magic. Think of the Combat Cyborg as a Wintel machine, while the Type-0 is a new snazzy Macbook that runs Mac OS X AND Windows. Thus while he can copy the programming code for the software he can't use the spells because he doesn't have the hardware setup for running magic.

2) He can't use the spells at all without weeks or months of debugging, because Combat Cyborg IS code and spellcraft code is written in seperate languages. And lets not get into the fact that higher-level mages essentially write their own code and the Devices probably encrypt the code so that you can't really steal stuff.

3) Rein Eins was a fucking Lost Logia. Any atttempts to equate your copyskill with Rein Eins will be mercilessly shot down by those of us who grieve for her.

4) You can keep the skill. Just be ready to have your linker core explode from the stress of copying and absorbing people's linker cores. Remember, you aren't The Book with 666 pages of empty storage space.

Actually I really really like stipulation 4. I'm surprised nobody brought up the fact that Rein Eins could do so because she was a fucking Lost Logia with lotsa pages. Normal mages or Cyborgs would blow up from trying to shove in all that power.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-05-28 at 21:07.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote