Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 02:00   Link #684
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pre-Yamato 2199 I assumed the Earth rebuilt some other old wrecks to serve as a mix of combat fleet or armed evacuation ships (what Yamato was suppose to be before the Iscandarian tech). These would be built possibly along side refit older UN designs as those old designs were considered to be very small back then. At that time I assumed they would be used to defend Earth from Gamilas attack while Yamato was away using slight improvements on the Iscandarian technology as well as prototyping what would later be the 2201 fleet. These ships (maybe a dozen or so rebuilt wrecks plus other UN ships) would only be active until the 2201 fleet was large enough to take over and then be mothballed (Yamato might have been given the same fate).

Post Yamato 2199, my thoughts have shifted (along with seeing a version of Harlock's ship from the manga). My assumption now is that the Earthers had captured Gamilas tech, but not full knowledge of how to use it, and did not have access to Wave Motion Cores. After Yamato leaves, and the Pluto Base is no more, I would expect the Earth to raid any Gamilas shipwrecks for fuctional Cores and fit those to refit ships. They can build Wave Motion Engines, just fine...it is the Cores they need at this point.

My thought is that manga Harlock's ship was a refit Earth design fitted with an Earth build Wave Motion Engine and powered by a captured Gamilas Wave Motion Core.

Similarly the above UNCF cruiser refit would also use a captured Gamilas Core in an Earth built Wave Motion Engine. In theory the Iscandarian Core in Yamato is superior to the Gamilas Cores, so Yamato has an advantage. Either they won't get any more Iscandarian Cores...get a bunch (or plans on how to make them) from Starsha, or start making Gamilas based copies. It might explain why Yamato tends to survive while other newer Earth ships don't (superior Wave Motion Shielding?)

The Gamilas pictures aren't showing up.

The original version of the UNCF cruiser is suppose to be a 2170 design.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-07-06 at 02:24.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote