Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 03:37   Link #696
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well also remember that Kirishima and the other Earth ships don't have artificial gravity like Yamato does. The acceleration and deceleration might be a factor in how fast they can go...damaged or not. Though they did do some fancy turns during the battle when they decided to bring their forward tubes to bare on the Gamilas fleet.

If Yamato is really fast, I would hate to see just how fast Andromeda is if it is the "fastest ship in the fleet". Though "fastest" might mean acceleration rather than top speed...as Andromeda has four secondary engines to Yamato's two. Yamato could not out accelerate Andromeda even if they had the same top speed (which I guess could be limited only by how good the artificial gravity is at taking the stress of moving all that mass (while not turning the crew into red paste on the bulkheads)...again assuming the Earth ships can only beat light speed via Warping/Wormholes).

The current crop of directors are paying more attention to details and I like that. I might pick at things, but nothing has caused displeasure or bafflement as of yet.