View Single Post
Old 2012-05-26, 08:44   Link #241
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm a bit surprised to find myself doing this, but I'm going to write a bit of a defense of Mikono here. I'm not as big a fan of her's as I once was, but I still think she's a good, solid character.

The thing with Mikono - and actually one of the main things that her and Amata have in common (which could help to explain their attraction to one another) - is that Mikono is a "Go with the flow" sort of person.

She just goes with her emotions, and tries her best to handle new situations as they arise. But like Amata, she's not very proactive. That's probably why neither has confessed to the other one yet - Each would probably prefer it if the other one took the romantic lead, but neither of them are good at taking decisive action to solve their issues.

That's not to say that Mikono doesn't have a jealous/vaguely tsundere-esque edge to her. She does. But honestly, that's always made her more interesting to me. Without that edge, she'd be too much "generic moe", imo (Mikono's character design with a consistently sweet/forgiving personality is just too prototype conventional moe, imo).

As for Zessica, I still like her a lot. In fact, her level of dedication to Amata is quite touching in a weird (and admittedly a touch disturbed) sort of way. But even if it is a "bit much", I can't help but view it in a largely positive light.

It's just that I can see where kuro and others are coming from. Zessica's character had a real nice edge to it in the first few episodes. Remember her fights with MIX over whether or not it would be good to union with boys, over what's acceptable dress, etc...? Those fights really put an exclamation mark on Zessica's character, I found. The happy-go-lucky free spirited Zessica is one I miss a bit. So I hope we see that again eventually.

But no doubt Zessica-in-love can be rather cute.

I'll leave it at that.