View Single Post
Old 2007-12-01, 10:08   Link #784
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
It's not separate from it, it's covering a different time period in the same universe. Read or Die has a similar thing going on.
Perhaps I should clarify. When I mean separate, I mean that, if we are assuming that things are going on within a different time frame, naturally events, technologies, etc will differ (especially within the time frame we are speaking of), even differ dramatically. Yui and Magino weren't even born yet in this particular time frame and it's quite possible that, due to changes in their Arume evolution over that long time period (a bit more than 300 years if memory serves) as a result of anything from genetic manipulation to accidental introduction of human traits into their species the Arume could have changed. Since the anime really doesn't follow the current manga (other than a timeline introduced on the website and the introduction of Emul Force), we can't really count either of the manga for information other than to speculate on possible outcomes in this particular story.

Read or Die is a different animal (I've read the manga series and watched the anime, including the Read or Die: Paper Sisters where the ROD characters are reintroduced) and I don't find that a very good example of what I am talking about here.

I mean, humans of today looked quite different from humans of 300 to 1000 yrs ago and we share DNA and characteristics of a few different species. Why couldn't the same thing happen with the Arume? When you look at all of the other characters IN THE ANIME, Hagino is in striking contrast. I am not referring to any events in either manga because, really, they have no bearing on the anime as it stands now. The only thing both media follow, for all intents and purposes, is the timeline thus far.