Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-30, 05:54   Link #4300
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
"Red shirt of Wild hunt" I get it, but they still were able kill one of Jeagers, which put them clearly into boss category or to be exact into category of "miniboss squad". If I went your logic Leone and Rabac would be "Red Shirts of NR"

And for it's origin Red shirts was uniform of enterprise security personels, whenever someone died it was one of them, usually on beginning of episode.

And despite of disagreeing with you again, I don't find your post condescending's or anything.
As long as you get what I meant. I guess, going by the logic I gave, you're sort of right about Rabac and Leone, but in context Chelsea could fall under it more than Rabac or Leone? But the difference between Chelsea, or even Rabac and Leone, in comparison to the WH characters who died was that all 3 of them have back story, some origin, and character development. The WH characters who died have little to no personal information given. The show up, rape and torture, and die.

But again, it was really more of a joke than anything, I was just explaining the logic behind the joke. Is joke logic meant to be taken seriously? I mean, I don't actually think you're wrong, but I think the logic used to explain the context of a joke isn't really applicable to serious debate.

And, the Red Shirt uniform wasn't just for security, since again Uhura wasn't security, she was a linguistics technician. I think anyone of lower ranks was generally a Red Shirt. Also a lot of Gold Shirts would die in the beginning of episodes too. Like, a higher ranked official that would visit or be around for some sort of detail, only to be murdered, or secretly the host to a parasite. The whole Monster of the week aspect to the show didn't leave anyone off the main cast safe, regardless of shirt color.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote