View Single Post
Old 2007-06-16, 07:50   Link #523
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I'm pretty sure teenagers weren't E7 main audience... the best show for a comparison there is Gurren-Lagann, both shows' intended demographics is pretty much the same even if the second one is even more confusing due to the heavy classic references.
Part of the problem with E7 was that its intended demographic was never made quite clear. To quote this interview:

"There was a director, who wanted something that reflected the music and subculture of his generation - and a love story. The producer said we need transforming robots that fight each other. The sponsor said that the show must come on at 7:00 in the morning on Sunday, and that it should be for kids... Everyone has to be satisfied."

Did they satisfy anyone, though?

Anyway, still catching up slowly with SnM. Really not "feeling" the show very much; I appreciate it from a technical viewpoint and appreciate how well crafted it is, but somehow it just bores me to tears on a regular basis which is really disappointing. I'd love to read the books, though. Maybe it'll pick up in a bit.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote