View Single Post
Old 2007-06-17, 04:30   Link #533
gaguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
To be honest, I'm at a loss of how to explain myself to you if that still wasn't clear enough so this is my last post on this matter before it gets too out of hand.

An omnipotent, far-reaching perspective and world building—are these two incompatible to you? (Twelve Kingdoms even has narration.) The overall scope, the bigger picture, of the story of Twelve Kingdoms is derived more from the setting itself. In the end, you're really just watching (or reading) about the fantastic world that Youko arrives in. This is not to say that Youko is worthless.
I'm sorry to hear that you completely missed out my question. I'm not confused on what you meant, I was merely expressing the fact that I found your idea ridiculous based on my observations. All I asked for was your reasonings behind it (i.e. examples that you can bring to make me consider it critically, like I did to convince you), since anyone can say just about anything without backing it up.

I was hoping you could provide something more solid to reinforce your idea that is different than mine but I am thinking that is too much to ask without being faced with some level of animosity so I'll stop asking here.

And the last statement applies to just about every anime in existence, you have to be watching the world somehow. I once again, fail to see how majority of all that is seen from anything but Youko's perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Seirei is something else. Similarly, it's an adventure and a drama, but so far it seems that we're not going to get directly educated about the history of New Yogo and the philosophy and cosmology it abides in—at least, not in the same level as Twelve Kingdoms. Its setting, while beautiful and important, matters "less."
We were only concerned with in which perspective the world was painted, not how much of it, since no one objected about Twelve Kingdoms lacking any details of its setting.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote