View Single Post
Old 2009-05-02, 22:58   Link #15
tomstrife

Like some other have mentioned, I don't think he actually meant to kill anyone.

Instead, he decided to have himself in a situation where he would be forced to be on the run knowing that if he would be caught, he might be put in jail for a long time since he did have a gun at the white house.

So when he finally went back to his house, and he saw all those weapons and maps of "terrorist locations", and the passports (all of the passports were from Japan), he knew he had to run from the house and he couldn't turtle inside or he'd risk being caught and arrested. The most logical place where he could go would be back to Japan since all his passports lead him there.

My guess would be that he might be trying to run some sort of experiment to see what would happen, maybe he is an unemployed bum like everyone else in that mall.

Everyone seems to be a specialized profession:
-Doctor
-Police officer
-(Serial Killer from the wikipedia), etc

So I'm guessing his "profession" before might be a NEET.

At first, I thought he might be a terrorist/agent or something, but someone who doesn't do anything all day but watch movies sounds like a bum to me. If he does things unconsciously like unlock the door, he wouldn't have been taken down by the detective so fast if he still had some of his motor memory.

However, his theorycrafting (ie going to the embassy to get a ticket) is still very good, so he might have been an educated student before being unemployed, and uses a lot of his memory from movies to come up with schemes.

Maybe he hired some people to make a documentary or something so he could show it off later? (the 80,000 dollar payment thing from a different thread, or it could just be payment for educating those NEETs too, who knows)

So far good series, I'm really enjoying the speculation that is involved with the series.